30th Annual Unity Run 5K
This year we will celebrate our 30th annual Unity Run 5K and will be doing so with a bang! You don't want to miss out on what we are expecting to be our biggest and best one ever. But we can't do it without your help. Please consider sponsoring this year's run and making your mark on history here in Gordon County.
This year's theme is Super Heroes. That's right, you are the real super heroes of our community, those who give back! Pull out your costumes, your capes, your masks, all of it, and come ready to have the best time ever! And it's a month before Halloween, so double up and get extra value out of your costume this year!
We have special tickets packages this year with custom medals, awesome race t-shirts, plus extra swag for the first time ever. DO NOT MISS THIS!!! Our biggest and best Unity Run ever! We're pulling out all the stops this year to celebrate race number 30!
For more information or to ask any questions, please reach out to Chris Hayes at email@example.com or call us at 706-602-5548.
Register for the Unity Run by clicking the box below! We are past the t-shirt deadline to be guaranteed one, but we ordered a lot of extras and hope to have one for everybody. Online registration ends Monday, September 25th at 10:00pm. After that, you will have to register in person at the Calhoun Depot between 10am - 4pm on race day. The cost on race day will go up to $35 for everyone.
Kids Super Hero Sprint
We are bringing back the kids run again this year. It will begin at 4:30pm at the Calhoun High School practice field track. Children 5 and under will do one lap. Children 6-12 will do two laps (almost a 1K). We will time them and the top 3 boys and the top 3 girls in each age category will receive a medal. The age categories are 0-5, 6-7, 8-9, and 10-12. AGC Pediatrics is once again sponsoring our kids race! Any child that has registered through the Unity Run registration site is able to compete in the kids race. The Kids run will begin at 4:30pm at the Calhoun High School practice field track so please plan to arrive by 4:20pm at the latest. Each age group will run in their own heat and not all the kids at once.
Number & Shirt Pick Up (Pre-Registration):
Monday, September 25th from 10am-6pm at Calhoun Depot - 109 South King Street, Calhoun, GA 30701
Tuesday, September 26th from 10am-4pm at Calhoun Depot (Cost is $35 on race day)
*Anyone registering after 4pm on Tuesday, 9/26 will not be timed in the race. You can still register up to 6pm, but will not have a chip in your race bib to time you.
All race activities can be reached by parking downtown Calhoun, Calhoun Middle & High Schools, or surrounding available lots. The race will start and end in front of the Calhoun Depot.
Watch the video below to see the new route that began last year.
Click HERE to download a copy of the official Unity Run Race Map.
Thank you to our 2023 Unity Run 5K Sponsors!!
Premier Event Sponsor
PTS Financial Services Gordon County Historical Society Calhoun Housing Authority Tim Mull - Edward Jones DiPrima's Shoes Del Taco
Soni & Snipes Orthodontics John Driscoll State Farm Family Savings Credit Union Georgia Northwestern Technical College El Nopal
Advocates For Children - CASA of NW GA Globalt/Synovus Securities Starr Mathews Agency Brumlow, Corwin & Delashmit, P.C. Dr. Alan McHan
Century 21 The Avenues Synovus Bank Cherokee Mechanical Best Friends Animal Hospital Builtwell Bank
Fit From the Core Owen Security Planet Fitness Truist Bank Kent Chapman State Farm Downtown Development Sonic Liberty Tire Recycling
MC Transactions Best Choice Spray Foam Insulation LLC 2Work Staffing Glow Aesthetics LLC United Community Bank Highland Rivers
Max Brannon & Sons Funeral Home Nance Industries Qualified Staffing Brian's Auto Sales John L. Coble Elementary School SEO's Martial Arts
Restore Mobile Physical Therapy Thomas Funeral Home Stretch Calhoun Calhoun Drug Company Vargo Orthodontics Georgia Care At Home
AGC Pediatrics Big Peach Running Company Dunkin' Kellogg North Georgia United Nature's Big Springs Water HitMix Music USA
Calhoun Police Department City of Calhoun AdventHealth EMS Gordon County Advance Rehabilitation PT Solutions Gordon County Schools
Gordon County Sherriff's Office Calhoun City Schools Cherokee Capital Amateur Radio Society
2022 UNITY RUN 5K
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 29th annual Unity Run 5K! We could not have done it without all of our amazing sponsors (see below), volunteers, runners, walkers, and so many others, not to mention those who came out to enjoy the event and cheer on the participants! We had 1,954 people finish the race! Wow! Our goal for 2023 is to raise $710,000, and thanks to such a great turnout and so many amazing sponsors, we are right on track to meet and exceed our goal. If you are wanting to give to United Way as an individual or partner with us to set up a workplace campaign at your business or organization, please reach out to Chris Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or click on the "Donate" tab above.
And now to this year's race results, which can also be found at Carpet Capital Running Club
Overall Male First Place - Demetrius Clavino (age 13) with a time of 17:01
Overall Female First Place - Carolynn Dooley (age 15) with a time of 21:16
Thank you to our 2022 Unity Run sponsors!
- Premier Race Sponsor: AdventHealth Gordon
- Diamond Level: Nourison Industries
- Platinum Level: Mohawk Industries, Shaw Industries, Engineered Floors, Mannington, Apache Mills, Turner Heating & Air, Momeni Rugs
- Gold Level: Chick-fil-A, Hamilton Health Care System, Synovus Bank, Community Foundation Northwest Georgia, Premier North Georgia, Childer's Auto Frame and Body Shop, Racemark, LX Hausys, Southern Surgical Arts, Homespun Hospice, Georgia-Cumberland Conference
- Silver Level: Builtwell Bank, Gordon Chamber, Greater Community Bank, Globalt/Synovus Securities, PTS Financial Solutions, Starr-Mathews Agency, North Georgia National Bank, The White Label Studio, Family Savings Credit Union, KAS Rugs, John Driscoll State Farm, Best Friends Animal Hospital, Mother Nature’s Eden, Best Choice Spray Foam Insulation LLC, Georgia Northwestern Technical College, Nance Industries, Del Taco, Cake Addicts, Georgia Care At Home, Beatriz Alvarez Realtor, Mayra Montero Realtor, Tim Mull – Edward Jones, DiPrima’s Shoes, Quality Staffing, Gordon County Historical Society
- Bronze Level: WJTH Radio Station, Kent Chapman State Farm, Fitness First, Downtown Development, May Behavioral Services LLC, Century 21 The Avenues, Ross Realty Team, Smile Doctors, Truist Bank, Ankle and Foot Centers of Georgia, Vargo Orthodontics, Arrow Exterminators, Phoenix Electrical, Calhoun Rotary Club, Fit From the Core, Max Brannon & Sons Funeral Home, Calhoun Rotary Club, Taco House
- Additional Sponsors: Big Peach Running Company, AGC Pediatrics, Hit Mix Music USA, Advance Rehabilitation, PT Solutions, Calhoun Police Department, Gordon County Sherriff’s Office, WorkPlay Solutions, Calhoun City Schools, Gordon County Schools, Nature’s Big Springs Water, Wire2Wire Running
Thank you to our 2021 Unity Run sponsors!
Diamond Level: Mohawk Industries
Platinum Level: Shaw Industries, Engineered Floors, AdventHealth Gordon, Mannington Commercial, Nance Industries, Nourison Industries, Apache Mills, Turner Heating & Air, Agape Therapeutic Services, Southern Surgical Arts
Gold Level: Chick-fil-A, Hamilton Health Care System, Synovus Bank, AOSM, Greater Community Bank, Childer's Body Shop, Racemark
Silver Level: Keller Williams Realty, Georgia Northwestern Technical College, Owen Security Solutions, Starr-Mathews Agency, Truist Bank, John Driscoll State Farm, First Bank of Calhoun, Gordon Chamber, North Georgia National Bank, PTS Financial Services
Bronze Level: Downtown Development, Kent Chapman State Farm, Grandstanz, Ankle & Foot Centers of GA, Mauldin Trash Inc., Pets R Us
Unity Run 2020
- Farthest Participant(s) from Gordon County: Hannah Knight and Andrew Krikorian ran in Boston, Massachusetts
- Most Unique Race Route: Holland West ran in Erwin, TN - Appalachia. His route included mountain views, countryside fields, downtown, and a brief jaunt at the local skate park.
- Most Creative Outfit: John Cross ran as Joe Exotic
- Most Spirited: George Southgate who ran in Fort Worth, TX
Thank you to our 2020 Unity Run sponsors!
2019 Unity Run Results Are In!
5K Age Group Results - Click here to download results
5K Overall Results - Click here to download results
1K Girls Age Group Results - Click here to download results
1K Male Age Group Results - Click here to download results
2019 Unity Run Corporate Awards
Largest Number of Participants - Apache Mills
100% Participants (tie) - Southern Surgical Arts & Greater Community Bank
Small Business Challenge - Starr-Mathews Agency, Inc.
Corporate Challenge - Shaw Industries